Saturday, September 24, 2011

Civilian A-1 the Papa way.

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that the two major proponents of the A-1 jacket are Himel Brothers Leathers and the French Cancan Blogspot. These folks are the true heavy weights in all there is to know about this fantastic 20's 30's style jacket. Cancan the fanatic collector, Himel the expert remaker. The Papa with some sketches in hand a bag of associated hardwear and a head full of managed expectations went off to see his Balinese tailor to see what $160 could buy. Well the results were pretty good all things considered, the leather is a great light tan colour and the styling is pretty spot on, the original zips and buttons enhance the job and my olive drab HBT lining choice authenticates the overall look. For the dollars spent and a first attempt Im pretty happy to have this as a kick around jacket, its certainly not worthy of my esteemed peers approval but as a backstreet cheapy, well what can i say?



8 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot papa! you honoured me ! and you know what, this a fabulous jacket…I'm jalous…What is incredible is that my next model was ordered in tan color and I really thought to line it with HBT… I can't believe it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impatient to see this jacket in few years !!!!Very very nice !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to do a button version but the tailor did not have a keyhole button machine so i had to go with the zippered version instead. I think the button up is the cooler version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. may i place an order !?? sweet indeed you can't beat that

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also prefer buttoned version… but yours with zipper is great too… what sort of leather did you use ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great jacket.

    Just wondering what are the specs of the hardware?

    Talon zipper and what else?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Papa...you flatter me ...nice 1....oh the balinese..your a lucky aussie

    ReplyDelete